Voice-activated searches are all the craze these days. Who hasn’t said, “Okay, Google, find me a furniture store near me,” or maybe you ask, “Alexa, where is the closest furniture store?” Or perhaps you use Siri and say, “Hey Siri, where can I buy furniture near me?”
Whatever your choice is, we want to be confident you know we are dedicated to making sure you find us while offering you a hometown furniture shopping experience.
Yes, we know you can go to some of the bigger chains and find what you’re looking for, but we want you to know we go the extra mile to make buying home furnishings as stress-free as possible. We know how overwhelming choosing the right colors and or fabric can be, so that’s why we take the time to get to know you before recommending a brand or style to match your family’s needs.
Even before you find us …your local Jacksonville, Florida area furniture store, we want to give you a few tips about buying that perfect piece of furniture.
- Know your wood. Furniture manufacturers use a variety of wood types when making furniture and they fall into three categories; solid, veneer and particleboard. Solid wood typically is more expensive but lasts a lifetime and looks great. Veneers are an inexpensive wood base covered by multiple layers of higher quality wood. Due to its cheaper core, veneers typically are less expensive than solid wood pieces. The bottom of the list is particleboard or composite wood materials. Using a combination of wood scrapes, pulp, and plastics, this type of furniture is the cheapest option but won’t hold up to normal wear and tear for very long.
- Pay close attention to drawers. – Open and close each drawer making sure they latch properly and shut evenly. Check the knobs and handles to be sure they shut and open properly.
- Look for wood joined ends and corners. Try to avoid furniture that has been glued or nailed together. Pieces that have been built joined together with wood joints will last longer and be much sturdier.
- Colors and fabric matter. – Depending on your needs and the durability you require will dictate what fabric and color choices you choose. You won’t want to buy a white sofa with kids in the house and you won’t want to choose dark colored fabrics if you have a shedding light-colored dog. Think carefully about colors and color trends. Some colors are seasonal and some are trendy that only stick around for a short time. Our suggestion would be to choose a fabric color in a neutral color and accessorize with pillows and throws.
- Lastly, buy at the right time. – Just like with other industries, furniture prices fluctuate throughout the year. Look for good deals around Memorial Day and Veterans Day. However, we see our manufactures offering the best deals on the Fourth of July and even Christmas.
These are just a few of the furniture buying tips we suggest.
If you want a personal hometown furniture shopping experience, we invite you to our 1956 Kingsley Avenue showroom located in Orange Park, Florida. We are more than happy to help you during our regular business hours of Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and on Saturdays from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. If you have any questions about the furniture brands we carry or item we have in stock, we encourage you to call us at (904) 272-2228.
If you are looking for quality furniture in the Jacksonville, Florida area, The Furniture Gallery can introduce you to a wide range of options. Conveniently located in Orange Park near Highway 295, and serving clients in Jacksonville, The Jacksonville Beaches, Ponte Vedra, Orange Park, Fleming IsIand, Green Cove Springs, St. Johns, St. Augustine, Gainesville and the rest of the greater Jacksonville, St. Johns County and Clay County area. To make your purchase easy, The Furniture Gallery offers financing through Synchrony HOME™ and free layaway. Visit their showroom at 1956 Kingsley Avenue, Orange Park, Florida 32073, or call them at 904.272.2228 for any questions. Be sure to visit their “Showroom Specials” page for current sales and clearance items.